The Writer: the legal owner of the rights in The Content to be uploaded;
Customer Reward System (referred to below as CRS): the rewards made to customers of BooksOffice Limited based on their participation on the BooksOffice Online Platform;
The Content: The material upload as a book to the CRS;
The Company: BooksOffice Limited
The Customer: Registered users of BooksOffice Limited
Paid Offer: An offer made to customers of Content in exchange for payment
Free Offer: An offer made to customers free of any charge
- The Content can be uploaded in word or pdf format and will be converted on download request by The Customer to the appropriate format for their specific reader
- In uploading The Content, you confirm that you are The Writer and that you have the right to upload and distribute The Content in its entirety and in doing so indemnify BooksOffice Limited against any action that might result from such distribution and any damages that might be claimed in respect of such action.
- BooksOffice Limited uses industry standard conversion and formats and will deliver The Content without intervention nor alteration and takes no responsibility for the quality of The Content upon delivery to The Customer.
- The Content through this CRS may be delivered free of charge to The Customer with a Free Offer; in which circumstances BooksOffice Limited may pay The Writer for each copy of The Content delivered to The Customer and reserves the right to change the terms of such payments upon notice to The Writer of not less than 14 days offering the Writer the opportunity to withdraw The Content from the CRS at such time. Such Free Offer is made with the approval of the Writer, which approval is deemed as given upon submission to the scheme and acceptance of these terms in relation to that scheme.
- The Content through the CRS may be delivered to the Customer in exchange for payment, such payment being set on variable terms as specified in each individual Offer. BooksOffice Limited will pay The Writer whose work as been purchased by The Customer as a percentage of the paid price, which unless otherwise specified will be at a rate of 70% of the net revenue received from the Customer, such payment to be made to an approved Paypal account on the last day of the month following the end of the month in which the payment is received from the customer.
- With exception of Clause 4 and Clause 6, The Writer is solely responsible for the availability of The Content within the CRS.
- The Company reserves the right to remove The Content from the CRS at any time for any reason, including but not limited to The Content being of an offensive or inappropriate nature or the quality of The Content.
- The Content shall be uploaded in its entirity and where specified as a sample of sufficient length for The Customer to make an assessment of the content for purchase, being not less than one full chapter of The Content.
- BooksOffice Limited will assess the sample and the full content and, in accordance with Clause 7 may remove the content for whatever reason including sub standard quality.
- Where a customer requests a refund in relation to the content, the Refund may be granted and in such case the commission payable to the Writer will be nil.
- The Writer agrees to indemnify BooksOffice Limited against any action in relation to the Content.